How to Apply
To apply to Helix Summer Science Institute, candidates are required to complete and submit the following:
- Online Application
- Two supporting documents. Choose from the following three options:
- Statement of Interest (indicating why you would like to attend Helix and what makes you an excellent candidate)
- Teacher letter of reference (preferably from your science teacher)
- Copy of most recent report card (preferably with your science marks, and midterm reports are acceptable)
Please submit ALL documents in PDF format, and upload to your ActiveWorks account. Upon acceptance into Helix, students will be transferred into their courses, and must log into the Active Works account to submit payment.
Note: Students with an offer of admission for Fall studies in the Faculty of Science do not require a transcript and teacher letter of reference. Please submit your application form and a Statement of Interest, indicating you have an offer of admission.
- First round application deadline: April 7, 2019
- Second round application deadline: May 5, 2019
- After May 5, 2019: Applications will only be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and are subject to space availability.
Find out what the Helix programs are like: