Helix 2018 applications still being accepted. Visit Apply to Helix for more information.
Helix Summer Science Institute runs for four weeks during the month of July at York University’s Keele Campus. Interested applicants can visit How to Apply for more application details.
- Opening Ceremonies take place every Monday Morning from 9:00AM to 9:30AM.
- Each class day begins at 9:30AM and ends at 3:30PM.
- Students will have lunch from 12:00PM to 1:00PM.
- Weekly course presentations take place during Closing Ceremonies each Friday from 3:00PM to 3:30PM.
Fees for Helix 2018
- First and Second Round Applicants: $425 per course for all students (domestic and international).
- Final Round Applicants (received after May 14, 2018): $425 per course for all students (domestic and international).
Tuition covers the cost of course materials, supervision, and field trips.
The cost for Helix 2018 Residence program each week is $1250, which includes accommodation from Sunday (move-in) to Saturday (move-out), daily breakfast and dinner, evening and overnight supervision, and weekly field trips. More details regarding residence can be found here.
Helix 2018 Fee Structure
Number of Weeks Fees With Residence
One Week $425 $1675
Two Weeks $850 $3350
Three Weeks $1275 $5025
Four Weeks $1700 $6700
*Note: All fees are in Canadian Dollars and include HST.
Upon receiving an acceptance letter for your application to Helix Summer Science Institute, all payments will be completed via your online account through the ActiveWorks registration system.
Bursary application deadline for Helix and Spark Lab: April 30, 2018
Helix Summer Science Institute and the Faculty of Science offers a financial assistance program to help offset some of the tuition cost of our program, so that all youth can attend. Financial Assistance does not include our Residence Program.
Please review the Bursary Policy before submitting a bursary application. To be considered for financial assistance, please submit a Financial Assistance application with your Helix application.
Before being accepted into the Helix Summer Science Institute: Please notify us of your cancellation in writing to email@example.com.
After being accepted into the Helix Summer Science Institute:
- Cancellation of registration to Helix are subject to a $120 administrative fee, per course cancelled. 50% refund per week of residence.
- No refunds are issued as of June 1st.
Applications for Helix Summer Science Institute 2018 will be open on Friday, February 16, 2018. Please visit Apply to Helix for more information on how to apply.
- First round application deadline: April 23, 2018
- Second round application deadline: May 14, 2018
- After May 14, 2018: Applications will only be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and are subject to space availability.