Helix Summer Science Institute runs for three weeks during the month of July at York University's Keele Campus. Interested applicants can visit How to Apply for more application details.
- Opening Ceremonies take place every Monday Morning from 9:00AM to 9:30AM.
- Each class day begins at 9:30AM and ends at 3:30PM.
- Students will have lunch from 12:00PM to 1:00PM.
- Weekly course presentations take place during Closing Ceremonies each Friday from 3:00PM to 3:30PM.
Fees for Helix 2020
- Course fee: $425 per course for all students (domestic and international)
- Residence fee: $1250 per week for all students (domestic and international)
Tuition covers the cost of course materials, supervision, and field trips.
The Residence Program includes accommodation from Sunday (move-in) to Saturday (move-out), daily breakfast and dinner, evening and overnight supervision, and weekly field trips. More details regarding residence can be found here.
Upon receiving an acceptance letter for your application to Helix Summer Science Institute, all payments will be completed via your online account through the ActiveWorks registration system.
Bursary application deadline for Helix and Spark Lab: April 15, 2020.
Science Engagement Programs offer a financial assistance program to help offset some of the tuition cost of our program, so that all youth can attend. Financial Assistance does not include our Residence Program.
Please review the Bursary Policy before submitting a bursary application. To be considered for financial assistance, please submit a Financial Assistance application with your Helix application.
Before being accepted into the Helix Summer Science Institute: Please notify us of your cancellation in writing to email@example.com.
After being accepted into the Helix Summer Science Institute:
- Cancellation of registration to Helix are subject to a $120 administrative fee, per course cancelled. 50% refund per week of residence.
- No refunds are issued as of June 1st.
Please visit Apply to Helix for more information on how to apply.
- First round application deadline: April 5, 2020
- Second round application deadline: May 3, 2020
- After May 3, 2020: Applications will only be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and are subject to space availability.